We're selling Askrigg, our beautiful and much loved widebeam which has been a perfect live aboard for cruising in and around London's waterways - just the right size for finding moorings and able to turn around on most stretches. Built in 2007 by Liverpool boats, she's still a young boat in great condition, with excellent facilities and bespoke features, and we've done a lot of work on the reverse layout interior since purchased in 2017 to make her a soulful yet practical space to live in, with plenty of storage. Selling as we're moving to Yorkshire - closer to the original Askrigg she's named after, a tiny village in the Yorkshire Dales!
With recently installed quality leisure batteries and 255W Monocrystaline solar panel, touch of the button heating from a Webasto diesel water heater (new burner installed in 2018) with radiators throughout the boat, and a pump out toilet, Askrigg is perfectly set up for living aboard comfortably and cozily. She's a lovely and easy cruise too, with a reliable and powerful Isuzu 55 engine.
Entering from the cruiser stern there is a large open plan living space, with oak engineer floorboards, Firefox solid fuel stove, plus lots of light from large windows, a skylight and swan hatch. An antique chest of drawers, folding table and chairs and a Futon company sofa bed are included in sale if desired. The horseshoe shaped kitchen fitting features a Belfast sink, gas oven, fridge / freezer, extendable bar top and ample storage, plus beautiful bespoke copper handles and metro style bevelled edge tiles both found throughout the boat.
Moving down the corridor there is space optimising wardrobe space on the right and gunnel shelving to the left, before reaching the bathroom, which features a full size bathtub / shower, ceramic sink and mirrored cabinet as well a Vetus pump out toilet with fill gauge, and porthole window.
Finally the bedroom just before the bow features a bespoke raised double bed with large storage space underneath, including an innovative combined book shelf & drawers design, plus a dresser / drawers / cupboard combination and attractive single shelf above the bed. Double wooden and glass doors then enter the sizeable bow space with room for outside dining and / or planting as desired.
- Lot's of outdoor space - cruiser stern and large bow.
- Large kitchen / living area with oak floorboards, skylight and swan hatch.
- Living room furniture included in sale: antique extendable table and chairs, Futon company sofa bed included and chest of drawers.
- Bespoke horseshoe kitchen with Belfast sink, gas oven, fridge and ample storage.
- Heated by by Webasto diesel water heater with radiators throughout boat - new burner installed in 2018.
- Bedroom at bow featuring bespoke raised double bed at bow with large storage space underneath including innovative combined book shelf & drawers, plus dresser / drawers / cupboard combination.
- Bathroom with pump out toilet, bathtub and shower.
- Corridor with gunnel shelves and wardrobe.
Power / electrics
- Isuzu 55 engine (with PRM 150 Hydraulic gearbox)
- Batteries in excellent condition: new starter battery (Numax 110AH) installed in February 2020 and leisure batteries (4 x US 2200 Deep Cycle Monobloc) installed January 2019.
- 255W Monocrystaline solar panel with Tracer MPPT charge control and MT50 solar monitor
- Sterling pro power 1800W inverter and wall mounted 240V sockets throughout boat.
- 3x 12v / USB power points in saloon.
- LED efficient lighting throughout
- 12V refrigerator
- 2x propane cylinders housed in double stern gas lockers
- 3x fire extinguishers & 1x fire blanket
- Full set of ropes and fenders, pins etc.
- Large water and fuel tanks
Last blacked professionally at Hallingbury Marina in August 2018, and last surveyed in July 2017 by Lee Cudmore-Ray - reported to be in good condition. Boat Safety Certificate completed in August 2018 and valid till August 2022.
Viewings from 28th August, please email to arrange... serious potential buyers only please! Open to offers.
|Vessel type:||Widebeam - cruiser stern|
|Fit Out:||Reverse layout|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Length over all:||50'|
|Hull type:||Steel Plate|
Last blacked professionally at Hallingbury Marina in late 2018.
Last surveyed in July 2017 by Lee Cudmore- Ray, reported to be in good condition.
Hull shape: U shaped hull, with one chine. Baseplate curves up to stem at the bow.
Strakes: Continuously welded upper edge and lower edge. 1 x full length and 1 x bow, 1 x stern.
Batteries in excellent condition: new starter battery (Numax 110AH) installed in February 2020 and leisure atteries (4 x US 2200 Deep Cycle Monobloc) installed January 2019.
255W Monocrystaline solar panel with Tracer MPPT charge control and MT50 solar monitor
Sterling pro power 1800W inverter and wall mounted 240V sockets throughout boat.
3x 12v / USB power points in saloon.
LED efficient lighting throughout
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.